RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Marbella Four Days March is organised by Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking and managed by Clear Focus SL.
- The Marbella 4Days Walking is a non-competitive walking event. Participation is voluntary and entirely at the walker’s own risk.
- All registration must comply with the conditions laid down by Clear Focus SL & Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking. The number of registrations can be limited since 2020
- The registration is strictly personal and non-transferable. The term of ten (10) days to cancel your registration and to request a refund of the amount paid. If after this period of participation is waived due to whatever circumstances (including Covid), there is no right to refund the registration fee. You can, however, postpone your registration for up to 1 year. For registrations from October 1, 2021 – to November 10, 2021, and the promo for January 2022, for the 11th edition 2022 (special price), no refund or transfer to 2023 is possible. Participants of the year 2020 (edition cancelled due to pandemic) can be moved until 2022.
- The Regulations governing Distances and Rewards shall apply to the walking distances and available rewards. Registration is strictly personal and non-transferable. The registration fee will not be refunded in the event of a participant cancelling their registration
- Walking or marching is defined as moving forwards so that at least one foot is in contact with the ground at all times. The following are therefore not allowed:
– the use of any means of transport:
- Passing is only permitted if it does not hinder other participants
- Participants must keep to the appropriate designated route
- Throughout the Four Days, Marching participants are forbidden to:
- express any political views
- behave or dress offensively
- carry and/or distribute advertising material unless so permitted by the Board of Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking
- have with them any pets or other animals (except for guide dogs for visually impaired participants), prams or pushchairs, loud radios or other audio equipment
- have anything with them which could be reasonably be considered to be dangerous or to inconvenience the other participants seriously
- Participants are to be decently dressed with the upper body covered at all times.
- Groups are allowed to carry their club shirts
- The provisions of the Regulations Governing the Start and Finish shall apply to the procedures for checking in, starting and finishing
- Participants who fail to report to the finish (correctly and in-person) before 16.30 hours every day will be deemed to have withdrawn from the event
- Any instructions given by the organisers, police or other officials are to be followed at all times. Unless expressly indicated otherwise, the Spanish Road Traffic Act and the Spanish Traffic and Road Sign regulations shall remain in full force throughout the Four Days Marching
- Infringement of the provisions laid down in or pursuant to these rules and regulations can result in (conditional) disqualification from (further) participation.
- Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking does not allow the use of any abuse of drugs and narcotic
- By registering to participate in the Four Days Marches the participant declares that he/she is familiar with and accepts the provisions laid down by or pursuant to these rules and regulations
- By registering the participant also agrees to the possible use by Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking of his/her personal details and/or image in print, on photograph, film or video etc. for promotional or informative purposes in the interest of the Four Days Marches, without being entitled to demand payment. The use of the aforementioned material shall be governed by the Four Days Marches Privacy Regulations
- Barring its legal liability, Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking shall not be responsible or (financially) liable for any accidents and/or illness suffered by the participants, for loss of property, or for any other damage allegedly suffered by the participant
- Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking reserves the right to alter the route, starting and/or finishing times and/or points, location of the event or to cancel the Four Days Marches, completely or in part, on the grounds of such extreme weather conditions or other calamity or calamities that the Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking cannot reasonably be expected to do otherwise. In such cases, participants will not be entitled to a refund of the registration fee, nor to any compensation for material or immaterial damages incurred
- Any cases not provided for by these rules and regulations shall be decided by Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking. The Board of Asociacion Marbella 4Days Walking will ensure that the appropriate regulations laid down by or pursuant to these Rules and Regulations are adequately published or otherwise communicated to all participants.
IML / IVV Cup Program rules: click here